Good afternoon friends and families of 5D!
Well, for a shortened week, the students sure did a lot of exciting learning! Here's a little about our week!
- Played TRASHKETBALL to review our unit 1 concepts
- Took our assessment (scores will go home next week and students will have an opportunity to rework mistakes)
- Game Day Friday to celebrate conquering our first unit
- Pre-Assess for unit 2 on Monday- Adding and Subtracting Decimals
- Fishbowled a book club in action to see their moves and talk
- Book Clubs met to practice what we saw in the Fishbowl
- Gave characters advice from their problems
- Created a story mountain to help organize our narrative
- Learned creative elaboration to make small moments sound exciting
- Worked on a planning document as a group on our Three Worlds Meet Project
- Highlighted notes that will help with our projects
- Began doing more research for our project
- Received help from some 5D and 5L graduates who are now 7th graders!
Conference sign ups!
Early Release Days... Wednesdays, November 1st and 8th
See link below
Social Studies Projects
TRASHKETBALL- Backboard Round!
Book Clubs in Action!
Have a fantastic weekend to all! Enjoy your kiddos most of all!